No-Bake 5 Ingredient Granola Bars (Chikki Energy Bites)
There are things to do in the festive season and we have a very short time for preparations to get it done. So an energy booster is a must! Made with the nuts of your choice, with plenty of nutrition from seeds, dates and coconut oil, this healthy Chikki Bites will help you look fit and fab!
• 2/3 cup of unsalted almonds or peanut butter, or your favorite nut/seed butter
• 1/2 cup of honey can be substituted with coconut nectar, 2/3 cup of date paste or brown rice syrup
• 1 tablespoon of coconut oil , optional but recommended since it helps the bars hold better together
• 2 cups of oats (I used gluten free- half rolled and half quick) but use what you have on hand
• *2/3 cup of almonds chopped
• 2 Tablespoons of whole almonds
• 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut that can substitute with crispy rice cereal
• A pinch of salt and ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
• Chocolate chips
• Dry fruit
• Flax seeds
• Chia seeds
• Sesame seeds
• Pumpkin seeds
• Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
• In a large pot, melt the almond butter, honey and coconut oil (if using) over medium-heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer until mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove the pot. (At this point, you can add vanilla, cinnamon and salt, if using).
• Fold in oats, shredded coconut, and chopped almonds. Reserving the whole almonds for topping.
• Transfer the mixture into prepared pan while pressing down very firmly and flattening with a spatula until tight and compressed. Press the reserved whole almonds down into the bars, space them apart evenly. Press in some chocolate chips or any other add-ins of your choice.
• Press down with a spatula one more time so everything is nicely packed and compact. Place the pan in the freezer (or fridge) until hardened, about 1 hour. When the bars are set, use the parchment paper to lift them from the pan. Slice into even bars.
• Bars are softer when left out at room temperature. For best results, store bars in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.
Jowar Dates Ladoo
Bursting with flavor, easy to make, the only downside to these delicious ladoos is that you cannot stop at just one! Of course with all the nutritional benefits it packs there’s no need to feel too guilty about it!
· Jowar Flour: ½ cup
· Dates – seeds removed and chopped
· 10-12- Chopped nuts (almonds and walnuts)
· ½ cup of Ghee
· 2 teaspoon of Flax seeds
1. Dry roast jowar flour in a pan or kadhai for 5-8 minutes or till golden brown. Make sure it does not burn. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
2. Add chopped dates and water in a pan. Stir well on low-medium flame. Once the water is absorbed and dates becomes mushy, add roasted jowar flour and chopped nuts
3. Stir well for 2 minutes on low flame. Remove from the heat and keep it aside. Don’t let it come at room temperature otherwise you will not be able to make ladoos
4. Grease your palm with ghee and start making round shaped balls (ladoos)
5. Store in airtight container
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.
[contact-form-7 id="7374" title="subscribe"]