4 turmeric leaves, halved
1 cup rice flour
1½ teaspoons ghee + for brushing
1 cup scraped fresh coconut
½ cup grated jaggery
1 tablespoon broken cashewnuts
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1. Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a Prestige Durastone Kadai, add coconut and mix well. Add jaggery and mix till the jaggery melts. Add cashew nuts and mix well. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
2. Combine rice flour, remaining ghee in a bowl. Add sufficient water and mix well to make a smooth batter.
3. Spread some of the batter over the leaf, place a portion of coconut mixture on one side of the leaf and seal the edges. Similarly prepare the rest.
4. Heat sufficient water in a steamer, place the prepared leaves on the pot of the steamer, cover and steam for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the steamer, open two of the leaves, brush ghee over it and serve immediately.
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.
[contact-form-7 id="7374" title="subscribe"]