Diwali, is synonymous with the joyous celebrations . While the essence of Diwali lies in age-old traditions, it is always exciting to infuse a touch of modernity into our celebrations. With the convenience of Voltas Beko microwaves and refrigerators, you can whip up these delectable delights with ease. Let’s take a look at three traditional recipes with a contemporary twist that will make your Diwali celebrations even more special.
Milk Cake with Pistachio and Saffron Drizzle
1. 1 cup condensed milk
2. 1 cup milk powder
3. 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
4. A pinch of saffron strands
5. 1 tbsp hot milk
6. 2 tbsp crushed pistachios
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the condensed milk, milk powder, and 1 tablespoon of ghee.
2. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute on medium power.
3. Remove the bowl, stir well, and microwave again for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and turns golden brown. Be sure to stir every 30 seconds during this stage.
4. Grease a flat dish with the remaining ghee and pour the thickened mixture into it.
5. Refrigerate the mixture for 2-3 hours, or until it is set. The NeoFrostTM Dual Cooling technology in Voltas Beko refrigerator will create ideal cooling conditions.
6. In a small bowl, soak a pinch of saffron strands in 1 tablespoon of hot milk and let it infuse for a few minutes.
7. Drizzle the saffron-infused milk over the set milk cake and sprinkle with crushed pistachios.
8. Let it cool for a while, then cut it into desired shapes and serve.
Mango Sandesh Truffles
1. 1 cup fresh paneer (cottage cheese)
2. 1/2 cup condensed milk
3. 1/4 cup mango pulp
4. 200g white chocolate
5. Dried mango slivers for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the fresh paneer, condensed milk, and mango pulp. Mix well until it forms a smooth, homogeneous mixture.
2. Roll the mixture into small, bite-sized truffle balls and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
3. Refrigerate the truffles for 2-3 hours to firm them up.
4. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, heating it in 20-second intervals and stirring in between until it is smooth and runny. The AutoCooking feature in Voltas Beko microwaves ensures you cook over 200 dishes at the touch of a button.
5. Using a fork or toothpick, dip each mango sandesh truffle into the melted white chocolate to coat it completely.
6. Place the coated truffles back on the parchment paper and let them set in the refrigerator.
7. Before serving, garnish each truffle with slivers of dried mango for added flavour and texture.
1. 250g paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
2. 1/2 cup thick yogurt
3. 1 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
4. 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
5. 1 tablespoon red chili powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
7. 1 teaspoon garam masala
8. 1 teaspoon cumin powder
9. 1 teaspoon coriander powder
10. Salt to taste
11. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
12. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
13. 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
14. 1 onion, cut into chunks
15. Skewers (wooden or metal)
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the thick yogurt, besan, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, lemon juice, and vegetable oil.
2. Mix the ingredients well to form a smooth and thick marinade.
3. Add the paneer cubes to the marinade and gently toss them to coat them evenly.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the marinated paneer for at least 1-2 hours to let the flavours infuse.
5. After marinating, thread the marinated paneer cubes, bell pepper chunks, and onion chunks onto the skewers alternately. The large turntable in Voltas Beko microwaves will ensure you can cook enough for all your guests.
6. Place the skewers on a microwave-safe plate.
7. Microwave the paneer tikka skewers on high power for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to rotate them every 30 seconds to ensure even cooking.
8. Keep microwaving until the paneer and vegetables have a slightly charred and smoky flavour. The total cooking time may vary depending on your microwave’s wattage.
9. Remove the paneer tikka skewers from the microwave and let them cool slightly.
10. Serve the hot and sizzling paneer tikka with mint chutney or tamarind sauce.
Rooh Afza Mojito
1. 2 tablespoons Rooh Afza syrup
2. 1 lime, cut into wedges
3. 8-10 fresh mint leaves
4. 1 teaspoon sugar
5. Soda water
6. Ice cubes
1. Muddle lime wedges, sugar, and mint leaves in a pitcher.
2. Add Rooh Afza syrup and ice cubes, and refrigerate until well-chilled.
3. Prior to serving, top up with soda water, stir gently, and enjoy the cool and refreshing Rooh Afza Mojito.
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.
[contact-form-7 id="7374" title="subscribe"]